Confidential STD Testing
When patients visit FirstCall Urgent Care for an STD test, they expect two things from us: discreetness and promptness. Our physicians guarantee to meet our patients’ expectations and strive to make the STD testing process less intimidating.
With our lab on-site, we deliver our patients’ results far faster than any ordinary clinic. Our services test for the following STDs:
- Hepatitis C
If you are concerned about the possibility of contracting an STD, or are experiencing any potential symptoms, visit us today! We accommodate walk-in visits seven days a week at extended hours and accept scheduled appointments as well. Visit our center in Laurel to receive the peace of mind you deserve!
When should I get tested for STDs?
Adults that had recent sexual activity with one or more partners should get an STD test immediately, according to CDC guidelines. Per the CDC:
If you are sexually active, getting tested for STDs is one of the most important things you can do to protect your health. Make sure you have an open and honest conversation about your sexual history and STD testing with your doctor and ask whether you should be tested for STDs.
A list of all patients that will need a routine STD test include the following:
- All adults and adolescents need an HIV test
- Sexually Active Women 25 and younger need testing for gonorrhea and chlamydi
- Pregnant women should be tested for syphilis, HIV, and hepatitis B starting early in pregnancy. At-risk mothers should also get testing frequently during pregnancy.
- Sexually active gay and bisexual men should be tested at least once a year for syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea. Those who have multiple or anonymous partners should be tested more frequently for STDs (i.e., at 3- to 6-month intervals). This also includes testing for HIV/AIDS.
- Anyone who has unsafe sex or shares injection drug equipment should get tested for HIV at least once a year.